Conexiam’s EA Capability consulting practice develops our client’s EA Capability. We have a set of standardized training programs used in-house with our team, and with our clients. These programs develop the knowledge and skills needed to build and implement enterprise architecture and a broad set of specific domain architecture and architecture development skills.
Most of our training is delivered to organizations looking to accelerate their EA Team’s development. At a minimum you need a consistent base for their team. Optimally the tools, techniques and support to accelerate.
The best personal development program aligns the development program with the gaps in the ability to produce & consume useful enterprise architecture.
All Conexiam training is available either as an out-of-the-box package or customized for your organization.
- TOGAF Certification (Group Video)
We provide group discounts on purchases of TOGAF, the video
- TOGAF Certification (in-Class) for your team
- IT4IT Foundation Certification for your team
- EA with TOGAF & Navigate for your team
- EA with TOGAF & Navigate using ABACUS for your team
- Business Architecture for your team
- Security Architecture for your team
Conexiam developed the workshop series to balance between training and consulting services. In classic training we teach theory, practice, technique and skill. In a consulting service we delivery. In a workshop we address a challenge faced by your team with your team. Typically Conexiam workshops are held in preparation of a major initiative, or when one is crashing & burning.
The workshop series is focused on one aspect of effective enterprise architecture.
All packaged training can be configured as a custom course for an organization. Configuration provides alignment between an organization’s existing architecture deliverables, EA & governance processes, and its organizational model.
- Provision of sample deliverables, process models and organization details
- Conference call with appropriate members of Conexiam’s team
- Material review by the client
For comprehensive adjustment Conexiam will provide a statement of work to customize the course. This can require an EA Capability Workshop as a precursor activity.
The accreditation of our TOGAF & IT4IT training precludes meaningful customization. We have a specific set of courseware that is accredited by the Open Group. For organizations wanting customization and either IT4IT TOGAF certification we usually provide EA with TOGAF & Navigate and TOGAF, the video, or IT4IT, the video. With the online TOGAF, the video or IT4IT, the video. With the online on-demand video courses providing direct support for certification.
Enterprise Architecture Capability Development Case Study
Conexiam teaches what we do. Enterprise Architecture, TOGAF and IT4IT, are not theoretical concepts. They are central to our business. The CSC & Conexiam Agile Enterprise Architecture Cas study (download) explores how we deliver Enterprise Architecture. How we use TOGAF in the real-world.
To accelerate its journey, CSC partnered with Conexiam. The case explores how CSC leveraged Conexiam’s Predictable Enterprise Architecture to accelerate its journey. CSC wanted useful enterprise architecture and a high functioning EA team. Acceleration matters. Measure Time to Latte.
“Using this approach, we moved further in 7 weeks than we would have in a year”
CSC Chief Architect
Conexiam Enterprise Architecture Training
We teach the exact tools and techniques we use. We actively use our training in consulting projects to develop EA Capability. Conexiam’s consulting service is a heavy consumer of our own training.
At CSC we used our packaged training to support the Predictable Enterprise Architecture service:
- EA with TOGAF and Navigate using ABACUS provided practical hands-on quick-start
- TOGAF, the video supported the staff desire to obtain TOGAF Certification.
Reference Publications used
When it comes to establishing an EA Capability, Conexiam has written the book. “The Leader’s Guide to Establishing and Evolving an EA Capability.”
As part of the Predictable Enterprise Architecture service we referenced:
- Leader’s Guide to Establishing and Evolving an Enterprise Architecture Capability
- World Class EA: A Practitioner’s Approach to Developing Enterprise Architecture Whitepaper
- World Class EA: Governor’s Approach to developing and using Enterprise Architecture Whitepaper
- Digital Transformation Strategy to Implementation using Open Group Standards
We use TOGAF as a framework & IT4IT as a reference architecture. We use these standards as designed.
Next Steps to Accelerate EA Capability Development
- If you want to develop your team, engage Conexiam to perform an EA Capability Workshop, followed by a Predictable Enterprise Architecture engagements and a supporting Pilot engagement
- If you are in a hurry to get useful architecture-driven change then simply engage Conexiam with a Pilot governance project and series of Predictable EA Sprints
- If you are on a tight budget engage our training program, EA with TOGAF and Navigate.
Explore the free EA and Governance , Risk and Compliance course.